Shabbat is a special time on campus, and this year is no exception.
- For Fall 2020 our signature UR Hillel event was Pop-Up Shabbat, a grab-and-go (and schmooze!) option held outside as long as the weather lasted.
- For Spring 2021 we look forward to hosting weekly Shabbat Oneg, held indoors on the River Level of the Chapel. Students can stop by and pick-up Shabbat treats to go, socialize, and welcome Shabbat as a community.
- Friday evening services are being held virtually. Links to participate are provided in the weekly student e-mails. Interested in volunteering to lead? Contact Hannah Pomerantz!
- Join us for welcome back Havdalah on Saturday, January 30. Time TBD.
- While we are disappointed we are not able to provide home-cooked communal Shabbat dinners as usual, we are pleased to be partnering with Kosher Dining to offer students a special kosher Shabbat dinner, available for pre-order through our weekly student e-mails.
Questions? Not on our e-mail list? Contact Hannah Pomerantz to learn more!
We know it’s disappointing to not be able to celebrate Shabbat as usual. We are excited to continue to gather and celebrate as a community in these new ways, and we also look forward to returning to in-person services, meals, and more as soon as we’re able.