Shalom class of 2026!
We are so excited to welcome you to our special UR Jewish community.
Please join us for any/all of the below.
RSVP by text the key words to Evant (get started by texting "hi" to 585-229-6877).
- Welcome Expo: Wednesday, August 24
- 1-4pm; Feldman Ballroom
- Come learn about Jewish life at UR!
- First-Year Shabbat: Friday, Aug 26
- 5:30pm Services, 6:15pm Dinner; Interfaith Chapel River Level; RSVP Text "Shabbat"
- Inclusive Kabbalat Shabbat/Ma'ariv services combining Hebrew prayer and English readings
- Home-cooked dinner!: Menu includes challah, spinach salad, sweet and sour turkey meatballs (vegetarian option), onion rice, sweet potato pie, fudgy brownies, frosted sugar cookie bar
- Welcome Bagel Brunch: Sunday, Aug 28
- 10:30am; Interfaith Chapel Brennan Room (2nd Floor); RSVP Text "Bagels"
- Enjoy a bagel and schmear while meeting some new friends!
- The Tour You Didn't Know You Needed: Monday, August 29
- 2pm; Meet at the Interfaith Chapel
- Tunnels, secret spots, and more! Our tour will let off back at the Chapel, so if you want you can cool down after at the SAIC (Students' Association for Interfaith Cooperation) smoothies event
- Yard Games and Popsicles: Tuesday, August 30
- 2-4pm; Interfaith Chapel River Level Garden; RSVP Text "Popsicle"
- Join us for a celebration of the last day of Welcome Week and get your fill of summer fun before classes start!
- Chill with Hillel: Thursday, August 25 and Saturday, August 27
- 11:30am-1:00pm; Picnic tables outside Douglass (on lower level)
- No RSVP required - just stop by and hang out!